Thank you to unquietlyme for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
1. If there was a zombie apocalypse and you could only take one book with you as you frantically pack up and flee, what book would you pack in your survival kit?
Um, is the Zombie Survival Guide an option? It’s weird to say as a woman who reads a lot of romance novels, but probably the Bible. During a zombie apocalypse, I am sure I will need all the hope I can get. Plus, it helps to read that bad sh*t has happened to people before. And you can never discount the Song of Solomon for some romance.
2. You may have noticed the hashtag #weneeddiversebooks in various social media platforms. How would you define “diverse books”?
Diversity is a weird word, because it’s meaning seems so obvious. But I think diverse books really points to a diversity in view points which necessitates a diversity in publishing formats. Diverse genres, diverse authors, independently published books, they all are a part of what I would consider diverse books. I also think a diverse book is one that you wouldn’t normally read… a book that pushes you.
3. Name a “diverse book” you’ve read this year.
This calendar year I’ve read a lot of independently published book. The most recent was Hawaiian Heartbreak, which I wrote a review of you can see here.
4. Name a book you’ve read by a person of color.
Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys is a great twist on the classic Jane Eyre. Highly recommend for people interested in romance, the classics, and diverse perspectives.
5. What’s your favorite TV show?
I love home renovation shows, so it’s probably Fixer Upper. I don’t live in Texas, but the Gaines are awesome.
6. Which blog platform do you use and why?
I use wordpress primarily because a media coordinator recommended it during a professional development workshop in my previous life. I find it pretty easy to use and it’s free. I blog simply for the fun of it, so it’s nice to keep it as simple as possible.
7. Are you a cat or dog lover?
Both, but I am allergic to cats. I am currently petless, but my husband and I love to dream about the kind of dog we will get when we are at a point in life when we can have one again.
8. What’s the first line in the book you’re currently reading?
9. Do you ever buy books in hardcover?
Yes! I have an autograph book collection, so I buy books in hardcover when I know I will meet the author at some point.
10. Who is your most one-clicked author?
Probably Kristen Ashley. I found her through my public library’s overdrive account and saw she had written more books than what the library had on file. Since then I’ve bought most of her books. I also love everything Penny Reid’s written, but she isn’t as prolific as Kristen, so she can’t be my first answer due to the “most” portion of the question.
Bonus question: Chris Evans, Chris Pratt, Chris Pine, or Chris Hemsworth? Why, where, and how?
Well, I am really out of the loop when it comes to pop culture (outside of books), so I am a little embarrassed to admit that I had to google these men to see who they are and what they look like. Just on a gut instinct, probably Chris Hemsworth. My husband has me addicted to men who look good with a beard, so that’s the why. For the how, I guess in my ideal world, Hemsworth would see me out with my two kids and fall in love with me because of my mommy skills… God, I’m such a dork. My ideal world is lame. Don’t ask me where my husband went.
Because I’m a rebel, I’m going to buck the rules. As I was looking around I saw that there are a lot of blog chains and I just couldn’t, in good conscience, “tag” blogs with ANOTHER chain. So, here is what I’m going to do. If you’d like to be nominated for this blog award, comment here and I will post my 10 questions. If you’d just like to explore some blogs you may not have heard of, I’ve listed 10 here.
- Song Bird Songs
- Kate’s Bookshelf
- Evelyn Aster
- A Lick of Romance
- Bridget’s Book Blog
- Momentary Lapse of Sanity
- Maryse’s Book Blog
- Dreaming Through Literature
- The Revolving Book
- Taylor Grace